Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Witch Craft...More Than Just Wing Of Bat And Eye Of Newt.

As I sit here knitting a hat to go onto my Etsy store, I am contemplating some crafty little things I can do with my kids this weekend to help them learn more about my religious beliefs. and while doing that the word Witchcraft came to my mind.

The word itself has gained so many negative connotations to it over the centuries, that even I have a hard time using the word in my everyday life. But then I start thinking about the word as two separate words...Witch Craft. You have people who everyday put magick into the things they make. And by that, I mean that they put their love, and energy into their creations and imbue them with an energy all their own that when others either purchase, or are given their wares they feel a sense of happiness, or are kept warm, or made to feel loved. Kitchen witches do their magick mainly in the kitchen. The foods and other consumable or even wearable items that they concoct from natural items that are grown in the earth are not only imbued with earth energy, but they are also imbued with the energy of the witch preparing them.

I think about the ide bracelet I made for my son when he was being bothered with bad dreams and could not sleep at night. The love and the prayers I said while making the bracelet created an energy that when my son wore the bracelet he had a sense of peace that he had not had in months, and he was able to sleep only when he was wearing that bracelet. Even now, as I knit these hats and scarves,  sweaters, and spin my yarn, I put all of my love and energy into each item, because I want the people who will be buying my items to have a sense of how I cared about them enough (even though I don't know them) to give each item my all.

Another thing I was thinking about was what type of witch am I? I'm not a kitchen witch. Nor am I a green witch.  Then it hit me. I'm a Spinning Witch! I spin my own yarn, I do knitting, crocheting, and weaving. I do stuff that spiders do when they create their own webs. I am tapping into the energy of earth & fire (fire is also seen as being a creative energy...the fire of life) and spinning my magick into each piece I create.

So yes, I practice Witch Craft...but what is comforting is that every crafty person out there who truly loves what they do, is practicing it to.



Love & Light!



No comments:

Post a Comment